Thursday 4 August 2011

Jealousy

Okay, so today I signed up on inkspot.com which is a community for writers where you can give each other comments on your works. Two novels have actually even been recognised there by agents and become published! Further, the top five (highest rated) novels each month get to be edited by an actual professional literary agency, for free!
This far, I've critiqued two very good novels which I'll continue to follow. The problem is that reading other's works always gets me jealous... :/ I don't want to be, but they are just so good writers and have such good ideas that I start to wonder what's wrong with me? Why I am not as good? What they do that I don't?
I know it's normal for a young, unpublished author to have periods of low self-confidence, but still, I wish it didn't have to be that way. I wish I could say, I have written something that I am really proud of! - But I can't.

Right now I really look forward to starting my Creative Writing course. My hopes are high that I'll improve there and learn things that will help me accomplish what I want to. Of course, I'm equally scared that everyone in class will be so much better than me, especially since I'm not even a native english speaker which they will be. It will be so much tougher for me...

Well, I'll stop my ranting before you get too bored.
As always, please leave a comment (doesn't have to be anything specific, I'm just curious to know who actually reads this)! And if that's too tiring, please at least check one of the answers to who you are at the question poll to the right. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment