Tuesday 9 August 2011

Love critiques, but they hurt

I planned and wrote on my new novel for the whole day yesterday! From the afternoon to 2am at night, and I was so tired that it felt like my head would just melt. I managed to finish the first chapter and half of the second chapter. I'm not very satisfied, but I can always edit later. At least I have the entire story outlined on post-it notes now (subplots included!). 
*Somewhat proud* 
I'm not really sure how to proceed with the character development, though. I just hope it fixes itself as I go along...

The Angel of Faith is the only post to have been critiqued on inkpop.com thus far. Either The Spirit Pipe-chapter isn't as interesting or it's too long for people to bother reading it. I don't know which I hope for...

The critique I've got on Angel have all said it's a good and unique idea, but some say I have grammar problems and some say that the title isn't interesting enough for people to flock around it... I'd rather not change the title because it has two meanings in this novel and I think it's perfect, but what can I say when people give honest opinions. :/

No comments:

Post a Comment