Thursday 15 September 2011

Some more ranting

I've come up with something to help me write - a daily writing challenge. I have to write at least 500 words every day, or I'm forbidden to eat anything sugary! (So either I get the writing going or I'm going to lose some weight - it's a win-win situation!)
So this morning, I sat down to write and I got about 800 words before I managed to finish a very long chapter, and that's where I stopped. Thus, I've munched on some cookies to reward myself. ^^

Anyhoo, I read some blog posts today by one of the blogs I'm following. She's a Harry Potter-analysist. I just can't get enough of it. I've sat for two and a half hours just reading her blog posts. However, it makes me compare myself to Rowling and that's not good for my self-esteem... How can anyone write like that? How do you become such a genius? Every detail is plotted, every word is carefully planned, every character stands out... I have no idea how she does it. No one can ever compare to her!

I start my Creative Writing course on Tuesday, by the way. Or rather, we start induction week then.
But the week after that, I'm going to learn some writing! I'm so excited! :D I'll try to post the lessons I learn here on the blog, both for myself to never forget them and to share the knowledge. So hopefully I'll have some better posts than the constant rambling on how my novel is going. 

So keep reading! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment